As always ProBlogger is hosting another brilliant guest post! This one is from Danny Iny and its called: Writing to Attract, Retain and Engage. Now which one of you writers out there wouldn’t be interested in that?
This 1,600 word post makes it clear why you need to know as much as possible about what motivates people to keep reading.
What drives your fellow human to read your stuff?
- Drive to acquire: This is about wanting more money, more stuff, and more power. Some examples of content targeting this drive include 18 Months, 2 Blogs, Six Figures and The Skinny on Ways to Fatten Your Wallet Doing Business Online.
- Drive to bond: This is about the need to feel loved and to be connected. The Core of Self-Love and How To Refresh Your Passion For Your Online Business both appeal to the drive to bond, as do the examples about sex that I mentioned above.
- Drive to learn: This is about curiosity, and wanting to know how things work, and what happens next. A couple of examples of posts targeting this drive are Things You Can Learn about Marketing while Sunbathing and The Difference Between Engaged and Engaging.
- Drive to defend: This is about our need to feel safe, secure, and protected from risk and misfortune. Posts that target this drive include Business Failure or Strategic Relocation?: It’s Your Call and What 48 Stitches Taught Me About Change.
- Drive to feel: This is about wanting exciting and fulfilling experiences. Posts targeting this drive include Live Each Day Like It Is Your Last and How To Live A Lottery Lifestyle, and sex can be found here as well.